Wednesday, June 15, 2016

WTF HFM

Haven't really had any good daycare chaos to write about ... Until today.

Monday was a typical day.  The weather was finally not in the 90's so we went outside around 5 - after Twister left.  I mean, honestly, days are easier without that one.

Kids leave at 5:30.  I get a message from a mom at 7pm "How long were you guys outside?"

I'm thinking .... Great ... What the F did I do to your kid now?  I always get blamed for shit or questions about stupid shit from this mom.

I told her we were out for a half hour and I was amazingly able to keep all the kids in the shade and then asked "why".   Apparently Miss K had developed a fever and was snugly - something she typically is not (not at home anyway, she is very snugly here).

10:30 I get a text that Miss K has strep and would be gone Tuesday but her sister would be here.

At 5:15 Tuesday, dad comes to get Miss K's sister and asks if I have heard from mom.  Nope.  Apparently Miss K developed red bumps on her skin so they took her back to Doctor.  I first assumed a rash, as my own child gets a rash when she gets strep.  Mom calls me at 5:35 -- Hand Foot Mouth.

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO.  Are you fucking kidding me??? That shit is terrible and I don't want it at my daycare!!!! How do I get rid of it? Did she get it from here? I spray toys, table, chairs, doorknobs, faucet, gate with bleach water every day!

I let all the moms know and I apologize profusely.  I start throwing toys in the sink and stuffed animals, blankets and pillows in the wash.  I sprayed everything again and wiped it with Norwex if it couldn't be sprayed.

FUCK

I go in to use the bathroom and see the toilet is leaking.  Really? Right now?? Today?? Why!?  WTF?! WHY NOW?!?!

So I am now feeling kids heads every 10 minutes, making sure they don't have a fever.  Twister is coughing up her lungs getting everything infested with whatever the F she has and poor baby E has a very snotty green nose.

Daycare life.  So joyful.

No comments:

Post a Comment