While I don't officially start my daycare until April 5th, this week I have a few kids as a drop-in occasionally. 8am my wild child 'H' arrives with her mom. While 'H' runs into the living room and starts playing, I stand in the hall and talk with her mom a few minutes. Soon 'H' is standing still with a shocked look on her face and I knew she was shitting her pants. She comes running to mom "mommy!!" She cries and then let's one loose. Her mother looks in her drawers and sees a wicked diaper. 'H' wouldn't let me change her so her mother proceeded to change the diaper right on the floor. Trey runs into the other room as I grab a bag to dispose of the diaper and talk to the mom more and Trey starts calling me. I say just a minute and he says, "mommy, I need you quick." He stands in the bedroom with vomit in his hands and says, "I threw up when I smelled her diaper. I'm sorry mommy. I was gagging and puked a little bit. I'm never watching her diaper get changed again!" So within seconds a nasty blow-out diaper and a puking child. WELCOME TO DAYCARE LIFE
Side note - 'H' has already figured out how to open the baby gate. Kudos girl ... Not even a full day and you're running up my steps and into my laundry room to see the puppies.
Day 1 (sorta) complete.
No comments:
Post a Comment