Casanova Chaos ~ I don't think I can sum it up any better than that.
2016 has brought some drastic changes to the Casanova household. I was laid off of my job January 29th (YAY!!!!!), I stayed home the month of February watching Netflix and gaining xx pounds (NOT YAY!) and then in March I decided I better get my ass in gear and get the basement set up to start my daycare that I have always dreamed of doing (DOUBLE YAY!!!). Then came the biggest hit on March 14th "Your son has Type 1 Diabetes". To say I was surprised isn't true, I had an inkling he had it, which is why I took him to the doctor and asked him to be tested for it. To say our lives are forever changed is 100% accurate. What a whirlwind of 12 days we've had. I'm going to spare you details at this time, but with all these changes happening in my life, I've decided I needed to start up a blog again. You may remember my other blog, Ramblings by Nat, and I may still post there, but since life has gotten chaotic .... I figured this maybe is a fresh start.
I'll be posting about diabetes quite a bit because quite frankly, diabetes has become a 24/7 job. While it's a treatable disease, there is no cure, and never before did I really care or think much about it, but now that I'm living the nightmare and seeing my son get needles stuck in his body 12ish time a day ... I realize how ignorant I was and I will become an expert on this fucking disease real quick. It's my mission to keep my son as healthy as he can and allow him to continue to follow his dreams of playing hockey at a high level. I'll be the mom on the bench checking blood sugar levels and handing him a snack in the middle of the period to keep his sugar level up. I'll be THAT mom. The helicopter mom. The mom who constantly worries about her son's blood sugar level. Who will not sleep a wink the first time he stays overnight away from home. The mom who will constantly ask him if he ate, what he ate, if he took his shot, how he feels, etc. As if we didn't already have a close bond ... This has really made it closer yet.
I'll be posting about daycare. The things my own kids say and do are quite hilarious and I can only imagine I'll hear some pretty good things from my daycare kiddos. They will be too good to not share with people as who doesn't need a good laugh every once in awhile!? Excited beyond words for that journey even thought I know there are going to be shitty days, literally.
In addition to the layoff, new job, diaganoses, my precious 7 year old daughter is already having school drama with friends. 7 ... Drama ... Already .... Dear God help me out. I want to tell her that "Jane" is a bitch and that "Mary" needs to go fly a kite and that "Susie" is going to end up in jail for drugs I can already tell. I know, when you're 7 it's the end of the world if "Susie" won't play with you on the playground but trust me honey .... You don't want any part of that kid and some day you'll look back and wonder what all the crying was about. Drama - I fricking hate drama - and it's only just begun.
My wonderful husband has also decided he hates his job and has applied for a different position within the company. While most everyone says he's a shoe-in for it (and I agree), we also thought he was a shoe-in the last time he applied for a higher level position and he didn't get it and that reeked havoc on our lives. Please, let him get this job, I don't think I can deal with one more issue quite yet. Three months of chaos has been enough .... Time to slow down a bit.
So enjoy the blog posts. Not sure when posts will be so it might be in your best interest to plug in your email so "blogger" will send you an email when I do post something. I do think it will be worth it as I have a feeling there will be some pretty good posts coming up.
Xoxo
Natalie
No comments:
Post a Comment