Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Tuesday ...

It's the time of day where I have every kid asleep, so I put on my Young & the Restless and start blogging before I do my 20 minutes of ab exercises.  

I was up every two hours last night, checking Trey's blood sugar and urine as he had a long day yesterday. In Sioux Falls he had a scope done of his small intestine to check for Celiac Disease.  They put him under, took three biopsies and then sent us on our way.  It really messed up his sugar levels and was over 400 at one point last night.  After a call to his Endocrinoloist and 2 shots of insulin later, his numbers started to decline.  When levels are elevated as well as ketones present in urine, that is a very bad sign. Scared the hell outta me for sure. Please, never take your kid's life for granted.  

So even though I am functioning on less then enough sleep, I had a good morning here with all my daycare kids.  Trust me, I love it when they are all asleep at the same time, but all the snuggles and smiles and stories they have for me makes all my tiredness go away.  To hear "Natawee!!!" Or to have someone bring me a book to read or just have miss E sit on my lap and snuggle while she sucks her thumb .... Those are the moments that make everything else disappear.  

My former job was mentally exhausting. Dealing with all the drama and the goals and the different shit that happened day in and day out ... I don't miss it at all.  I always said I'd much rather deal with 4 year olds that act like 4 year olds instead of 44 year olds acting like 4 year olds and on a day like today, where I'm dragging ass and my lunch consisted of Chicken in a Biskit crackers with "canned" cheese ... I wouldn't go back to corporate world for anything (at least not right now!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment